I have selected a variety of good sources of information for you.
I hope that you find them useful – please let me know!
- General Osteopathic Council (GOsC) – The governing body controlling Osteopathy in the UK
- British Osteopathic Association – Our professional organisation that provides information for patients
- Backcare Association – A charity supported by health professionals providing excellent independent advice for patients
- Arthritis Care – A UK charity devoted to the wide spectrum of arthritic conditions
- Arthritis Research UK – A UK charity devoted to supporting research into the numerous types of arthritis and providing useful information and advice
- Fibromyalgia – Two organisations provide support: the Fibromyalgia Association and Arthritis Research UK
- National Osteoporosis Society – A charity providing good sources of information and advice
- Musculoskeletal Advice from the HSE – An excellent source of reliable information on now to minimise the risk of hurting your body.
General Health Advice
- NHS Direct – Good trusted advice on a wide range of matters
- BBC Health – Another excellent source of general advice
- Sleep Council – Good source for choosing a good bed
- Fitness – Change for life – A great NHS inspired source of tips and advice
- Walking for fitness – The 10,000 steps challenge. This is a great way of improving your health and fitness if walking is something you enjoy and can do
- Dr Mark Atkins – A British doctor who has written a number of popular books
- Dr Weil – An American doctor who provides a wealth of excellent advice to improve health and wellbeing
- Patrick Holford Set up the Institute of Nutrition and has published numerous popular books. He provides lots of tips mostly relating to nutrition